Sunday, April 02, 2006

Better get to it!



The Nova Scotia paddle season is about to start with a vengeance, as our local club ramps up for the season. Actually for me, there is no specific kayak season, unless "hot" and "cold" qualify... any excuse to kayak on any given day is a good one. In fact, as of last month I completed 5 full years of paddling each and every month, summer and winter. Not a single trip, no matter how frigid or bouncy, was completed for the singular attainment of this goal, they just happened. And I'm damn glad they did.
I'm excited beyond words to be hosting my old friend Wendy Killoran, and Greenland style paddler par excellence Freya Hoffmeister next month, as they gear up for Wendy's 'Round the Rock expedition. Freya will accompany Wendy on the first leg of her incredible journey around the entire province of Newfoundland, from Port Aux Basques to St. John's. Wendy is a kayaker's kayaker, a true good soul. She'll arrive at my Nova Scotia home by car on or about the 2nd of May, and we'll make the 100km drive to Halifax International the following evening to scoop up Freya. I'm very much looking forward to meeting her, and consider myself honoured to be allowed the opportunity to help these paddlers out in a (very) small way.

Glenn

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Glenn,

If you want people not signed onto the 'blogspot' list to leave comments, then you need to switch the 'Comments' button to outsiders ('Anyone'). Go to 'Change Settings' on the Dashboard screen, then click on 'Comments'. From there open the 'Who Can Comment' drop-down menu and select 'Anyone'.

Is this where you plan post news of Wendy's trip?

10:04 a.m.  
Blogger Glenn said...

Thanks for the tip Michael, shows ya how much I know about blogs!
Justine Curgenven has asked that I forward Wendy's reports to her blog, and I'm happy to do so if it will help Justine's online profile. Besides, I'm pretty sure more folks read Justine's blog than mine...

I've changed those settings, and would welcome a comment!

Thanks again,

Glenn

10:04 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glenn, I stumbled upon your blog while Googleing "kayak' of which 'm thinking of purchasing one. I'm more of a sailor type and have been looking for a praticular type of sailboat for weeks (with no success yet), so I'm thinking of getting an inexpensive (Sears - no laughing please!) 2 person kayak for my wife & I to get on the water with. Any thoughts/suggestions you can offer would be appreciated and really enjoyed checking out your blog...
Art Coleman

11:05 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home